April 15, 2011

2011 Top 10 Places to Visit in the United States

Springtime in Savannah, Georgia
I came across an article on Lonely Planet's website about the top United States destinations for 2011 (http://www.lonelyplanet.com/usa/travel-tips-and-articles/76390). I am curious to see who has been to some, all or none of these places so I created a poll you can vote on below.  I have visited three of these destinations over the years. I went to New Orleans in 2004 for an Irish Dancing competition, it would be interesting to take a trip there now and see the post- Katrina changes first hand. I also imagine it would be an entirely different trip being of legal drinking age... I have also been to New York City several times. Most recently in November I visited one of my college friends A, who is volunteering with the Jesuit Volunteer Core (JVC) in Brooklyn. This time in NYC I had the opportunity to visit the Metropolitan Musueum of Art, the Gugghenheim and the Brooklyn Bridge.

Once upon a time when my sisters were in grammar school my parents thought it would be a great family vacation to fly into San Francisco and then spend twp weeks driving down the coast on HWY 1 to fly out of Los Angeles. Despite spending way too much time in the car together, it was a spectacularly beautiful drive. We saw the Golden Gate Bridge, Big Sur, rode horses on Monterey Bay, went to the National Redwood Forest and visited Sonoma Valley wine country. I would love to return there as an adult, especially to San Francisco. However, if I could pick one of these places to visit in 2011 it would be Savannah, Georgia. I fell in love with Charleston, S.C. when my friends and I rented a house there on the beach for Spring Break 2009. I have heard that Savannah has many of the same qualities I love about Charleston, history, beaches and southern charm. Perhaps I will have to plan a trip there soon.

Have you visited any of the 2011 Top 10 places to go in America?
Southern Utah
New Orleans
New York City
Austin/West Texas
Savannah, Georgia
Denver, Colorado
Northern California
Grand Canyon
Palm Springs, CA
Hawaii








  
pollcode.com free polls

Where have you been?
Which one of these places would you like to visit in 2011?

BAS

3 comments:

  1. I'm down for a trip to New Orleans!

    -Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm in the heart of northern cali, girl! so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have never been to any of those places, sadly.

    ReplyDelete